WINSLIDE BUY/SELL CONTRACT
Linda and James Bell, 1200 C.R. 143, Georgetown, TX 78633, (512) 868-1340
BILL OF SALE:
This document constitutes a contract and a written guarantee by and between Linda and James Bell, (hereinafter referred to as SELLER) and ____________________________
(Hereinafter referred to as BUYER/BREEDER) for the purpose of setting forth the terms and conditions of the following purebred Australian Shepherd:
Name of Dog:
Registration # ASCA:
Sire: WTCH Twin Oaks Winslow Breeze CDX PATDcs RTDcs JS-N RS-N CGC
DNA-VP Registration # ASCA: E 80887 AKC: DL796291/01
Dam: Twin Oaks Toluca Star Rockin’B OTDcsd DNA-VP
ASCA Registration # E 116573
SELLER agrees to sell an ownership in the above mentioned Australian Shepherd for the sum of $ ______________ Date:______________
TERMS OF SALE: Outright purchase ( ) Co-Ownership ( )
REGISTRATION: The Seller/Breeder certifies that the dog is eligible for registration under the Regulations of the Australian Shepherd Club of America as a purebred Australian Shepherd and will provide the proper forms for such a registration. The name must start with WINSLIDE. No other may be used without the express written permission of the BREEDER.
1. SELLER warrants that the above-described dog is in good health at the time BUYER assumes ownership. SELLER shall refund BUYER’S purchase monies if said dog should become ill from a communicable disease or congenital illness within 48 hours of receipt and BUYER wishes to return the dog. Documentation from a licensed veterinarian must confirm illness was contracted prior to BUYER’S assumption of dog.
2. SELLER warrants that said dog shall be free of the following:
a. Canine Hip/Elbow Dysplasia – as evidenced on radiographic findings and evaluated by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA). Dog must be OFA’d by the age of 28 months. Any dog that doesn’t pass OFA testing must be spayed or neutered.
b. Hereditary Eye Defects – as evidenced by an evaluation performed by a certified veterinary ophthalmologist
c. Congenital Seizures, epilepsy.
d. Poor Temperament – extremely unstable or vicious temperaments
3. SELLER warrants the dog will have working instinct.
4. SELLER does not guarantee the dog to earn titles. Earning titles is dependent upon handling, training, socialization, exposure, instructors, and environment as much as it is dependent upon genetics.
5. SELLER is not to be held responsible for any expenses related to the raising or training of the dog prior to the hip and eye testing.
6. The puppy will have had its first set of shots and been dewormed. A shot record will be provided. The Breeder shall not be responsible for any medical expenses incurred after purchase.
1. The PURCHASER agrees to maintain the dog in a humane environment and properly train and care for the dog. Specifically, the dog will be inoculated against rabies, distemper, parvovirus, and other communicable diseases as recommended by a qualified licensed veterinarian. The PURCHASER agrees to maintain the dog on a commercial Heartworm preventative as is recommended for the specific region in which the dog will reside.
2. The PURCHASER agrees to ensure that the puppy will be socialized and obedience trained appropriately.
3. The PURCHASER agrees that the dog is not being purchased for resale nor will it be used or trained for activities which are illegal or for which it is not suited by reason of temperament or conformation. Specifically, it will not be used as a guard or attack dog, to hunt or fight other animals, or used in scientific experimental research.
4. The PURCHASER agrees that he/she is not acting as an agent of, nor will the PURCHASER in turn, sell this dog or it’s progeny to any pet store, wholesale outlet, known puppy mills, guard dog business or research facility.
5. The BREEDER strongly recommends permanent identification by tattoo or microchip.
In the event of emergence of any genetic disorder, (up to 28 months) which is sufficiently serious in the opinion of two qualified veterinarians, one of whom is selected by the BREEDER, to prevent the animal from fulfilling his represented role to the PURCHASER, the PURCHASER may:
A. Return the puppy or dog in its original condition and receive a replacement of equal quality at the BREEDER’S discretion from the next available litter, or if both parties agree, receive a refund of half the purchase price. The PURCHASER agrees that all shipping and transportation costs of the replacement dog are their responsibility and no animal will be shipped without these costs being remitted to the BREEDER first.
A non-refundable deposit of $250 is required to hold a pup for purchase. Buyer may contract prior to a litter being born or following delivery of a litter. Receipt of deposit and the buy/sell contract indicate pick order and constitute a legal and binding contract between Buyer and Seller. No deposit is accepted until the questionnaire has been answered and the Buyer approved as a prospective home for a WINSLIDE dog. Falsification of answers on the questionnaire will result in a breech of this Contract.
LOSING A DEPOSIT:
If Buyer does not pick a pup from the litter, or does not make arrangements for shipping or delivery of a pup from the litter by the 8th week of age, Buyer shall forego their pick and Buyer’s deposit shall be retained and not refunded. Puppies left past 8 weeks will be charged $50 per week for boarding and training. All health certificates and any other expenses related to shipping a puppy are at the Buyers expense. Airport trips are $50. If Seller does not have a puppy for a Buyer, the deposit will be refunded.
FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL:
WINSLIDE reserves first right of refusal on any dog sold to Buyer. WINSLIDE will not transfer the guarantees without written confirmation to the new owner. If WINSLIDE does not exercise it’s first right of refusal, WINSLIDE still has the right to approve any new home prior to placement of the dog.
I HEREBY AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS DOCUMENT